Sunday, January 11, 2009

Unexpected Blessings

Life is sometimes bittersweet. However, God is good. I have been really, really missing my kids when they are at their dad's. This morning after church, their stepmom invited me to go to the park with them after we searched my garage for the missing skateboard. It was really nice to get to play with my kids even though I had planned an afternoon to work on my thesis. Thanks Shelly! I did get some awesome photos of the kids and some great ones with their sister as well... 

And it is sunny today! This may sound funny to people who live in parts of the country where it actually rains, but I live in the Central Valley of California. And it's foggy. For months. Starting around Thanksgiving and ending sometime around Easter, we are constantly fogged in. The fog makes everything wet, drippy and moldy and for people like me who were raised in Southern California, depressed. So when the sun manages to burn off the fog - I'm outside! and it's amazing how much my spirits brighten up just with a little sunshine!




No comments: