Monday, February 2, 2009

Cleaning

First of all, I should probably warn you that I am not the world's best house keeper. Not that I don't love a clean house, it's just that there are always more fun, important, pressing (insert adjective of choice) issues to take care of. In fact, I usually clean the toilets when company is coming over because there is mold growing. Yet, when I do clean, I try to use all natural cleaners. I used Mrs. Myers cleaners for a while and while I absolutely love them, they are expensive.

I have also used my own concoctions for years, but now that I am trying to save more money, I am using even more of my own cleaners. I came across a recipe for furniture polish the other day, that made my table and buffet look better than new. Furniture polish:

2 cups of olive oil
juice of one lemon
mix well
Put on with a soft cloth, and buff when dry.

Not only do your hands feel great after using this, but you could even use it as a salad dressing!

I use baking soda to clean my stove, sink and shower and am experimenting with other recipes I found to make more cleaners. I'll let you know what works. With very active boys in the house, things get pretty dirty and I don't like all the chemicals. If anyone is interested this link is a great resource for cleaning recipes and she even has great ideas to make them look good too!

No comments: