Thursday, February 18, 2010

Before and After

I have been looking for months for new dressers for the boys. Ryan is getting so big, that his pants no longer fit in his drawers very well. But then, they decided to use Max's dresser as a ladder and broke his drawers. I have also been looking for a dresser for my front entry way to help coral the boys shoes, backpacks, papers and such.
Since I want a good quality, wood dresser, I'm trying to find dressers at garage sales or thrift stores. Thus, it has taken quite a while to find even one. Here's the first one I've found:



With the help of the boys, I sanded it down and repainted it:


We painted the insides of the drawers orange and decoupaged an old atlas for the bottoms:



Then, I painted the pulls black and decoupaged the atlas onto the fronts:


Overall, I am so pleased with how it turned out! And Max loves it!

No comments: