Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Purging

Since graduation a few weeks ago, I have been in the slow process of purging my house. It has been spurred on by many different reasons not the least of which since my sister and her kids moved in with me, I have downsized into my bedroom and the kids room. Additionally, three years of graduate school combined with the fact that I hate housework - things tend to pile up on me.

This terrible picture is of my living room, covered in laundry. You see, laundry is the bane of my existence. I do it, but it ends up on a counter top I built on top of my washer and dryer. When we need clothes we sort through the pile. Occasionally, my mother will tackle the pile and fold everything for me. But then, one of the real problems begins of where to put it all? Because not only do I have to sort and fold, but some of the clothes go back to their dad's house. Then there is the inevitable sorting of which clothes are now too small and have to be either given to a friend or packed away for Max when he gets bigger. Then, the worst thing of all are the socks...I wont even go there because it is just too painful...


So, in the middle of all of this mess, I lost steam. I just couldn't face it anymore. Which, I then did something solely for my own sanity. I put away what I had folded and picked up the rest and put back on top of the dryer. Sometimes you have to bite off a piece that you can chew without choking. It will be waiting for me tomorrow. You see, as much as I keep hoping that the laundry fairies will come in the middle of the night and make my house pretty, they never show up...Do they ever show up in your house?

No comments: