Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weather and Water


The weather has been amazing this past week! I have lived in Fresno for the past 9 years, and I have yet to experience more than a week of spring. We tend to go from fogged in to 3 digit temperatures overnight. We have had rain. RAIN! Which is awesome considering the humongous draught we are in.


Puffy clouds in blue skies. Also very unusual since our skies tend to be either fog, or some smoggy, smoky, grayish color. When Ryan was little I told him the sky was blue and he argued with me! I can go outside without the possibility of heat stroke. I can send the kids outside without the possibility of heat stroke and red flag days which mean that no one should be breathing the air let alone running around outside.


Although I realize I am lucky to live in a zone where we (not me for some reason, but people around me) are already harvesting tomatoes and peppers, the weather is very difficult thing for me to handle. Besides that fact that heat is my own personal enemy, it is also my plants enemy. In fact, we almost have two short seasons rather than one long one since plants shut down in temperatures over 96 degrees. This sucks since we count the number of days in a row over 100 with regularity. I have been known to say, it's only been 5 days over 110...

I love the puffy clouds and beautiful temperatures!!!

No comments: